So, I'm trying this gluten-free thing for a few weeks to see what happens, I am plagued by allergies of all kinds and skin problems, which supposedly can be helped by changing your diet…I have a list of foods I can never eat, but other than shellfish and nuts, I generally just try to avoid eating too much of everything on that list…anyhow, it's been kind of a stressful drag so far, but it's inspired me to cook…
here's something I made up last night:
1. Steam 1 skinless-boneless organic free range chicken breast (trying to cut back on tofu)…I think it took about 30 minutes, I cut it up into smaller pieces.
2. While you are doing that, boil water. Put a bunch of organic fresh green beans (or whatever kind of vegetable that might work) in the boiling water for about 2-3 minutes and remove.
3. Cook soba noodles. Make sure they are really 100% buckwheat if you are trying to avoid gluten. I keep screwing this part up.
4. Saute part of an onion in an iron skillet until it's translucent. Add garlic to taste. Make some kind of sauce. I used a few Tsp of low-sodium wheat-free tamari and added some sesame oil. Feel free to create kind of sauce you think sounds good, this was just the thing I tried first.
5. By this time your soba noodles are probably done. Add everything to the iron skillet and stir it around until it's covered in sauce. Ok it's time to eat!
You now have a delicious meal! I don't' know what to call it though. Ideas?