Wednesday, May 27, 2009

An ode to KIMCHEE

I love kimchee. It's becoming a (thankfully healthy) addiction. I eat it right out of the container, in soup, on rice, mixed with veggies, tofu, noodles, burritos, pretty much anything.
I've tried lots of brands, and have settled on one in particular as my favorite:


Ideally, I'd get kimchee from a Korean grocer- the unbranded/house-made ones that are good are almost rapturously good. But it can be hit or miss. Sometimes I'll end up with one so spicy, my lips go numb and I can't taste anything other than mouth-fire. Or there are some non-vegetarian ones that have really pronounced flavors of fermented shrimp or anchovies, which I don't like at all.

Sunja's brand is all natural and vegan, there are so many health benefits, it's full of live enzymes, very low sodium, high in fiber, helps digestion...there are too many to list, but you can read all about why kimchee is one of the best superfoods HERE.

I can get it at nearby markets (Whole Foods also carries it), which is excellent, as I go through TWO a week. Kimchee rules my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment