Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Avocado Soup



On Sunday I made a delicious Avocado Soup at Pure. I forgot the whole recipe but I'm pretty sure this is it. I don't think you could go wrong with changing any of these up a little bit, especially adding a little cayenne or making it more lemony. Also for those of you who are Avocadocly challenged, one of my classmates gave me this info on ordering organic avocados during the summer and it's a pretty great deal.
Full disclosure I forgot to take a pic so I grabbed this one from google image.

Avocado Soup

1 1/2 Avocados rough chop
1/2 cucumber rough chop (you can keep seeds and skin if it's organic)
zest of one lemon
2 T. fresh lemon juice
1/2 shallot finely chopped
1 C. water
1/4 t. ground cumin
1/4 t. ground coriander
1 t. white pepper (or black pepper if you don't mind the color)
1 t. salt (or to taste)
1/2 bunch cilantro (leaves only)

Put all ingredients in a blender (ideally a vitamix) and blend until perfectly smooth, the texture of heavy cream.

Garnish with micro cilantro, a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of coarse sea salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment