Saturday, February 28, 2009

More with Brussel Sprouts


(the only pic I could find that closely resembles the recipe, my blackberry pic is ugly.)

Last night I worked at school and was lucky enough to prepare one of the most delicious items on the menu: shaved Brussel sprouts with poppy seeds and Meyer lemon vinaigrette. The recipe I have was scaled for 100 so I'll do my best to reproduce it.

Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad with Poppy seeds and Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
2 LBS Brussel Sprouts
1/2 T. sea salt
2 T. poppy seeds

Vinaigrette
1/2 C. Meyer lemon juice
3 Shallots, thinly cut
1/2 t. sea salt
pepper to taste
1 1/2 C. olive oil

In food processor using shredding attachment (or by hand for a mind clearing zen exercise) shave Brussel sprouts. In large bowl add sea salt and poppy seeds. Let sit for one hour at room temp.

In separate bowl, prepare vinaigrette. This vinaigrette is delicious but I'm pretty sure any vinaigrette you like would work, especially a citrussy one.

Add vinaigrette to Brussel sprouts, let sit for another hour at room temp.

Serve and have mind blown by deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment